A Simple Life
Recently I noticed this woman, a formerly chubby person, undergo through subtle change that's becoming, and I realize that she's now probably down to the last 13 pounds. Hey, I want one of those! I asked her for the secret and she so willingly shared -- Nothing After 6.
Perfect. I sleep at 8:30 (no kidding) so to go foodless after 6 shouldn't require Superwomanly effort on my part. No sweat.
And so it is that I've been on for a week, but not really noticing changes, if at all. But what this is really all about is the tendency for me to wake up more frequently in the middle of the night now, each time thinking that it is already morning and time to have my cup of coffee, only to find it's only around 12:00 or 2:00. Come to think of it, there's already a decent number of hours of sleep put in, but still too early for anyone to wake up in the civilized world.
And so for the sake of being civil, I go back to bed, despite being jolted awake by some tingly shock of pressure arising from the bidet on my trips to the bathroom, Whooosh.. !, so I sleep some more, then wake up around 4:30 or 5:00, which is still a tad bit provincial, but certainly more acceptable waking up time. And I would imagine that if I lived in a farm, I'd be picking up the eggs or milking the cows by now. Nice.
In a little while I'll be waking up my girls, knowing that tap-tapping and a nudge is never successful on the first attempt. It is really this thankless job, with all three fiercely cleaving to their warm, sticky sleep, and here I am, their morning pain, turning on the light that severs them abruptly from the dreamlife, to wake them to the harsh realities of fluorescent and the studying life. Now I see the reason behind the battering of alarm clocks all over.
Sorry kids, this is the way it's gonna be for the next few years ...
... as it is going to be for me. The motions of a simple life, really, these things I do everyday, and far, far from the Paris and Nicole kind. And then, you know, I'm not looking to retire.
Filed Under: Life
Perfect. I sleep at 8:30 (no kidding) so to go foodless after 6 shouldn't require Superwomanly effort on my part. No sweat.
And so it is that I've been on for a week, but not really noticing changes, if at all. But what this is really all about is the tendency for me to wake up more frequently in the middle of the night now, each time thinking that it is already morning and time to have my cup of coffee, only to find it's only around 12:00 or 2:00. Come to think of it, there's already a decent number of hours of sleep put in, but still too early for anyone to wake up in the civilized world.
And so for the sake of being civil, I go back to bed, despite being jolted awake by some tingly shock of pressure arising from the bidet on my trips to the bathroom, Whooosh.. !, so I sleep some more, then wake up around 4:30 or 5:00, which is still a tad bit provincial, but certainly more acceptable waking up time. And I would imagine that if I lived in a farm, I'd be picking up the eggs or milking the cows by now. Nice.In a little while I'll be waking up my girls, knowing that tap-tapping and a nudge is never successful on the first attempt. It is really this thankless job, with all three fiercely cleaving to their warm, sticky sleep, and here I am, their morning pain, turning on the light that severs them abruptly from the dreamlife, to wake them to the harsh realities of fluorescent and the studying life. Now I see the reason behind the battering of alarm clocks all over.
Sorry kids, this is the way it's gonna be for the next few years ...
... as it is going to be for me. The motions of a simple life, really, these things I do everyday, and far, far from the Paris and Nicole kind. And then, you know, I'm not looking to retire.
Filed Under: Life
<< Home