Bookmarks
A blog that had not been posted on for some time has a certain musty smell to it. Like an abandoned house, you try and look for signs of recent visits, hoping to find a new entry. When you find that there's none, you figure that the owner must have forgotten or has moved on to newer things.
I had a few blogs that I had bookmarked that I would return to from time to time, and some of these have just completely stopped at a time warp on the last post. Some of these blogs had their owners say their goodbyes, saying that they couldn't go on with the blog for certain reasons. Some, sadly, left without warning. These orphaned blogs remind me of flowers that you insert between the pages of a heavy book, to press and dry and make into a keepsake, as a reminder of a moment.
I have deleted some of these blogs off my favorites now, and I did that with some feeling of regret. There are a few that remain, however, still with the same last posts from the last time I checked. I do not how long I shall be keeping them marked, but for now they remain, like a flower pressed, with the scent long gone, but with the memory still embedded in my book.
Filed Under: Blogging
I had a few blogs that I had bookmarked that I would return to from time to time, and some of these have just completely stopped at a time warp on the last post. Some of these blogs had their owners say their goodbyes, saying that they couldn't go on with the blog for certain reasons. Some, sadly, left without warning. These orphaned blogs remind me of flowers that you insert between the pages of a heavy book, to press and dry and make into a keepsake, as a reminder of a moment.
I have deleted some of these blogs off my favorites now, and I did that with some feeling of regret. There are a few that remain, however, still with the same last posts from the last time I checked. I do not how long I shall be keeping them marked, but for now they remain, like a flower pressed, with the scent long gone, but with the memory still embedded in my book.
Filed Under: Blogging
<< Home