Grey

The weather does funny things.

Hot and humid days seem to go on endlessly, leaving one restless, short of breath, dissolve the will to exercise, induce asthma, incite fiery temper, take the friskiness out of dog, and leave no desire to blog.

It's been a week since I last posted and I remember it had something to do with rain about to fall that didn't. The past week was a struggle between rain and sun, the skies being bright one moment, then pregnantly grey the next. You sense the rain making itself known in every other way except for actually pouring down, like tears welling up a proud person's eyes that aren't allowed to fall. You smell the dank mixture of earth, heat and moisture rising out of the ground, filling the atmosphere with a blanket of stickiness that seals your perspiration in and makes your skin feel sore. What a sorry sensation this brings, and I don't want to get used to it.

It happens, always, around this time when summer grudgingly gives way to the start of the rainy season. So now this condition persists in our midst, as I look out the window into anemic yellow grey skies, the pallor belying the catharsis that must be brewing up deep down mother nature's gut.

So what is it with the weather these days? Now it is mother nature's turn to have her funk, and I can only wait and see what she brings. As for the rain, it should come any moment now. Until then, I can only watch the skies go through her moody processes, like a cranky woman with PMS, driven mad by furious hormones.

As they say, people and the weather are not too much unlike the other, and I totally agree.

Filed Under:
Tags: PMS