Fluff
If life had a color right now, it had to be one of those pastel-colored easter egg mints that I love picking out of my daughter's basket. Pity that these are the least likely colors I would normally choose, for I am more a deep earth brown, midnight black, or candy apple red kind of person myself.
How does it come to this?
I remember how it was before life had become this less complicated and uneventful, and my colors back then would have always painted a storm. Stormy grey, fathomless green, unbearable blue, and I can only grin and shake my head in remembrance.
Nowadays my major cause for agitation is a botched hairdo which I've quickly gotten over. My little girl, whose extended temporary christmas camp out in my bedroom had become detrimental to my lovelife and what is proper and acceptable tv viewing hours for her, has become cause for concern, I must admit. Eviction is in order and should require major planning. Things like that.
Oh yes, one realizes that those little elves and invisible hands behind a perfectly running home is a big fat lie. I'd still be one to cause my own headaches wearing these intractable scowls whenever things go breaking and need a-fixing around home. Still, it helps to keep those all-important numbers to call, some headache medicine handy, and a little patience to wait which is not really made harder minus the cigarettes which I gave up a long time ago. You surprisingly find that things get done with minimal strain and a lot less pain than one imagines.
So what am I saying? Lest I start complaining that I'm not finding much to complain about, I better start thinking that waking up to a world looking up to amazingly clear periwinkle skies swathed in the soft rosy hue of an early morning makes me feel like cotton candy, and doesn't seem to have the makings of a bad day at all...
Filed Under: Randomly
How does it come to this?
I remember how it was before life had become this less complicated and uneventful, and my colors back then would have always painted a storm. Stormy grey, fathomless green, unbearable blue, and I can only grin and shake my head in remembrance.
Nowadays my major cause for agitation is a botched hairdo which I've quickly gotten over. My little girl, whose extended temporary christmas camp out in my bedroom had become detrimental to my lovelife and what is proper and acceptable tv viewing hours for her, has become cause for concern, I must admit. Eviction is in order and should require major planning. Things like that.
Oh yes, one realizes that those little elves and invisible hands behind a perfectly running home is a big fat lie. I'd still be one to cause my own headaches wearing these intractable scowls whenever things go breaking and need a-fixing around home. Still, it helps to keep those all-important numbers to call, some headache medicine handy, and a little patience to wait which is not really made harder minus the cigarettes which I gave up a long time ago. You surprisingly find that things get done with minimal strain and a lot less pain than one imagines.
So what am I saying? Lest I start complaining that I'm not finding much to complain about, I better start thinking that waking up to a world looking up to amazingly clear periwinkle skies swathed in the soft rosy hue of an early morning makes me feel like cotton candy, and doesn't seem to have the makings of a bad day at all...
Filed Under: Randomly
<< Home