Remember To Forget
Amazing.
My favorite jeans, the last pair I bought, turned a year old today.
Incidentally, it's been a year, too, since my sister's death.
I could not believe that I actually got through that painful day last year, held up only by the thought of being able to look back to that day a year later, thinking that grief, like all other things, shall come to pass.
True. So true.
Today we celebrated, with family and friends, allowing ourselves to fill up with memories of her, and sadly, but finally, letting her go.
In life we go through a series of rituals. Some pointless, most, tedious, and others just absolutely necessary for us to survive. In this world of uncertainty, sometimes the rituals can be the only thing to keep us going, giving us the assurance of familiarity we need to feel, to connect, when everything seemingly conspires to go wrong.
Last year, on December 8, my sister Susan left this world for a better place, like John Lennon did, 24 years ago.
I came to commemorate today, wearing my anniversary jeans, with all of us who loved my sister, conspiring to let go and begin to forget, and get on, with nothing but the best memories of her that we keep...
Filed Under: Mementoes
My favorite jeans, the last pair I bought, turned a year old today.
Incidentally, it's been a year, too, since my sister's death.
I could not believe that I actually got through that painful day last year, held up only by the thought of being able to look back to that day a year later, thinking that grief, like all other things, shall come to pass.
True. So true.
Today we celebrated, with family and friends, allowing ourselves to fill up with memories of her, and sadly, but finally, letting her go.
In life we go through a series of rituals. Some pointless, most, tedious, and others just absolutely necessary for us to survive. In this world of uncertainty, sometimes the rituals can be the only thing to keep us going, giving us the assurance of familiarity we need to feel, to connect, when everything seemingly conspires to go wrong.
Last year, on December 8, my sister Susan left this world for a better place, like John Lennon did, 24 years ago.
I came to commemorate today, wearing my anniversary jeans, with all of us who loved my sister, conspiring to let go and begin to forget, and get on, with nothing but the best memories of her that we keep...
Filed Under: Mementoes
Tags: Susan Luis Aycardo
<< Home