6 A.M.

I woke up at 6 am to the gentle tapping of rain. It is not the kind of rain with more to come, but rather enough to shower nourishment to the grass, plants and trees, now glistening with raindrops that leave a nice fresh smelling garden in our midst.

The rain had stopped by now. I could hear the chirping of birds that have come to linger for a while, that fly on to the next tree or wherever they find their places at the moment. The house is slowly stirring into the morning routine, and I can smell coffee. Mmmm ... smells good. Our dog is nuzzling gently on my feet, showing me affection, loving me and telling me that all is right with his life. My kids have risen up, going through the motions of getting ready for school, still sleepy but only too glad that it's Friday. I am, too.

I make a mental note of things I have to do today, and I know I have to finish working on the menu for the restaurant we are opening soon. I also have to write poetry for the paintings my sister will be showing on her exhibit. Tonight we are hosting dinner for a visiting uncle who is flying back to the US tomorrow. Stuff like that.

Nothing heavy, all is good, and best of all, it's Friday once again.

Filed Under: