Playing For Time
I seemed to do this a lot, this curious deed, which would either have you extending the fun, thereby prolonging the agony, or just going around in circles and throwing it away until you find it running out, and yourself running after it. Indecision, a favorite sin, a painful appointment, a delayed agenda, or for something really good you want to keep -- whatever it is, you play for time when it starts being a spoilsport and running out on you. Time.
Nowadays, I just can't get a grip on how quickly the 24 hours that purportedly add up to a day, seem to go by. There's just like a lot to do. I remember how it was when time seemed to drag on forever, when you are young and impatient and just in a hurry to grow up. Now I hear that days fly out truly faster when you're older. Could be.
So I used to think in my twenties that people when they're fortysomething, just start to lose libido in life, so you kind of have to live it and see for yourself if there is actual truth to certain questionable myths. For instance, they say that as your reading glass prescription goes higher, your distance grade goes inversely lower, which I find in my case to be true, and a good thing it is. As of last year I wore -3.50 grade contact lenses, until yesterday, when I had my eyes checked and found out that I'm now down to -3.00. So even if I need to wear granny glasses when I read now, it's okay. Who knows, maybe I'll be back to 20-20 when I'm 72. And by then I'll be wearing elasticized garter waist pants, sensible shoes, masticating with full dentures and honeymooning in a cruise to Alaska or the Bahamas. Oh yeah. And surely I'll be playing for time until then.
Filed Under: Life
Nowadays, I just can't get a grip on how quickly the 24 hours that purportedly add up to a day, seem to go by. There's just like a lot to do. I remember how it was when time seemed to drag on forever, when you are young and impatient and just in a hurry to grow up. Now I hear that days fly out truly faster when you're older. Could be.
So I used to think in my twenties that people when they're fortysomething, just start to lose libido in life, so you kind of have to live it and see for yourself if there is actual truth to certain questionable myths. For instance, they say that as your reading glass prescription goes higher, your distance grade goes inversely lower, which I find in my case to be true, and a good thing it is. As of last year I wore -3.50 grade contact lenses, until yesterday, when I had my eyes checked and found out that I'm now down to -3.00. So even if I need to wear granny glasses when I read now, it's okay. Who knows, maybe I'll be back to 20-20 when I'm 72. And by then I'll be wearing elasticized garter waist pants, sensible shoes, masticating with full dentures and honeymooning in a cruise to Alaska or the Bahamas. Oh yeah. And surely I'll be playing for time until then.
Filed Under: Life
<< Home