Grey Interlude
I woke up to the smell of mangoes, ripe and sweet on my daughter's lips. She kissed me, lightly on the cheek, with sticky mouth still reminiscent of the taste of her breakfast of her most favorite fruit, while very careful not to wake me up.
I opened my eyes and saw her knelt on the floor, looking at me pleadingly, expectantly, as I lay on her bed.
'Mom, are you fighting with Dad?'
Now, to answer a question like that is always a tricky thing and so, the best answer is the most straightforward one.
'Yes', I said.
I looked out the window and saw that the cool gray morning that I woke up to earlier persisted into the day. It was overcast and drizzling in the way that I love, for I am not your typical sunshine loving person. Bed weather stimulates me, moreso when the smell of hot, wonderful cocoa is wafting around the air I breathe. I believe that the cocoa had been the only good part of the morning because sometime during breakfast, I had an argument with my husband.
A grey, overcast day, really my type of thing, normally makes me feel most alive.
Normally.
This morning, I retreated to Arianna's room, and slept on it.
'Mom, are you fighting with Dad?', Arianna asked me when I woke up.
I looked out the window and thought, pity to waste such a day as this. And half the day is done, but the rain hasn't ceased. There's more than enough time to make up for it, I thought, and I decide that I'd better spend this grey, rainy afternoon the way I love - with favorite sweater on, probably out watching a movie, or just chilling with a mug of steaming, fragrant coffee, for healing. Yes, I would like that. And good coffee gets even better when there is someone to talk to.
'Yes Yanna', I told my daughter, ' but not for long' ...
Filed Under: Love
I opened my eyes and saw her knelt on the floor, looking at me pleadingly, expectantly, as I lay on her bed.
'Mom, are you fighting with Dad?'
Now, to answer a question like that is always a tricky thing and so, the best answer is the most straightforward one.
'Yes', I said.
I looked out the window and saw that the cool gray morning that I woke up to earlier persisted into the day. It was overcast and drizzling in the way that I love, for I am not your typical sunshine loving person. Bed weather stimulates me, moreso when the smell of hot, wonderful cocoa is wafting around the air I breathe. I believe that the cocoa had been the only good part of the morning because sometime during breakfast, I had an argument with my husband.
A grey, overcast day, really my type of thing, normally makes me feel most alive.
Normally.
This morning, I retreated to Arianna's room, and slept on it.
'Mom, are you fighting with Dad?', Arianna asked me when I woke up.
I looked out the window and thought, pity to waste such a day as this. And half the day is done, but the rain hasn't ceased. There's more than enough time to make up for it, I thought, and I decide that I'd better spend this grey, rainy afternoon the way I love - with favorite sweater on, probably out watching a movie, or just chilling with a mug of steaming, fragrant coffee, for healing. Yes, I would like that. And good coffee gets even better when there is someone to talk to.
'Yes Yanna', I told my daughter, ' but not for long' ...
Filed Under: Love
<< Home