Karmic Oreos

The best part of an Oreo is the filling -- that is one nugget of wisdom I learned early in life. I even thought that the chocolate cookies that sandwiched the white pasty filling were disposable, and went to the trash along with the blue wrapper. When I think about it now, the Oreos I've wasted could probably have filled up a car trunk.
Many years after, my 6-year old daughter picked up the same habit, but boy, she is much more of a fiender than I was. Usually she'd open 4 of the 3-cookie packettes at one time. Then she would lick the sugar filling off, pile up the used cookies like they were tokens, and use them as play money to buy her 'stuff' from the 'store'. She loves that game so much I suspect that she'll soon be increasing her 4 packettes to have more to 'buy' with. One time I told her to eat the cookies as well but she told me that they're not really good and sweet enough. I told her it's wasteful to eat them that way, so she asked me to eat them for her instead.
Now I find myself in a karmic cycle of having to eat Oreos in reverse. It is semi-torture for me to practice what I preach but I have to, so I find myself eating her leftovers, stripped of the precious, white filling which even my daughter instinctively knew that they're what Oreos are really all about. NO FAIR! And once again it's proven - what goes around comes around!
Filed Under: Life
<< Home