Remnants
I kept still for a little while, trying to familiarize with the unfamiliar surroundings I woke up to. It was dark, but not the scary kind of darkness. Nothing. If at all I just felt blank. I began to stir in my lying down state and thought, I need to go to the bathroom. I looked around and scanned the walls, as I got accustomed to the darkness, and figured where the bathroom would be. I stayed still as it took a while before it hit me -- I was in my room all along and I completely forgot!
Strange, I thought. Very strange that it should happen again. Scary too. Lately I've been having minor lapses like that which happens just a bit too often. What might be causing it? They say that general anaesthesia screws up the memory like no other, and I've already had it 5 times in my life. And then also it could be the E ... Yeah, maybe the E. But the last hit that I did was over a year ago, when I really partied out and swore after that I didn't want to screw up with my serotonin anymore. Besides, I've enjoyed the party favors to my heart's content and finally retired.
I remember having read this TIME magazine article a few months ago that warned of the long term side effects of E, memory loss, being the most common, that I chose to ignore back then. Now it's payback time. Oh well, it's time to take the real vitamins, I guess.
Filed Under: Mementoes
Strange, I thought. Very strange that it should happen again. Scary too. Lately I've been having minor lapses like that which happens just a bit too often. What might be causing it? They say that general anaesthesia screws up the memory like no other, and I've already had it 5 times in my life. And then also it could be the E ... Yeah, maybe the E. But the last hit that I did was over a year ago, when I really partied out and swore after that I didn't want to screw up with my serotonin anymore. Besides, I've enjoyed the party favors to my heart's content and finally retired.
I remember having read this TIME magazine article a few months ago that warned of the long term side effects of E, memory loss, being the most common, that I chose to ignore back then. Now it's payback time. Oh well, it's time to take the real vitamins, I guess.
Filed Under: Mementoes
<< Home