A Month Since

Niceness seems to be this mediocre, underrated item that doesn't carry a high premium on it, and is certainly not the thing that comes to mind when you think of women like Gong Li or Angelina Jolie who are so in-demand and painfully beautiful. And then earlier I was watching an early morning rerun of David Letterman who had Halle Berry on the show, whose aura doesn't scream as much 'goddess' as it whispers 'nice', which still makes her both anyway, which reminds me of how lovely, and not too knowing and calling attention to herself she is, which is kinda unique. That, I think, is how beauty should be carried about.

What's not nice is how I have been remiss in blogging here for a month, with not so much as 'till later', which is so typical of me, but for which friends are unceasingly able to forgive me for, so I am lucky.

I'd probably lost it somewhere in between the end days of the first half and the beginning days of the second half of the year, which either makes one pay attention to the workings of time, or makes one go on operating, unmindful of it, until such moment it occurs to you that you're halfway to adding another year to your digits, again, and then you start keeping track.

Actually I've had a month of celebrating reunions which required a lot of time spent with a sister who visited and left, and my mom who left visiting and came back, and for all of us who enjoyed the opportunity to be complete, which Mom keeps thinking would be the last time for her. And I truly wonder if old folks really think these things with a secret delight or longing, much more than the dread that normally comes along with these thoughts... Anyway, I think that Mom is looking quite hearty and refreshed from her vacation, certainly looking up to celebrating a few more reunions like that, I'm sure, which is a good thing.

So it's good that the temperature has gone down a few notches, and you expect this to hold, even go down by a few more till the end of the year, with all the lovely rain coming and going, with the birthdays of most of my favorite people happening, and all the fun holidays that give reason for malls to bloom like gardens gone mad, they'd be here soon enough. All in all, the past month of living had been uneventful, but busy, with the most nagging thought being the x-amount paid to Michael Schumacher for a cameo voice-over on the red Ferrari in 'Cars', one wonders, and the other being that rumor about Brandon Routh being gay, which makes me see Superman, now a dad, in a different light. I wonder if he'd handle more family dysfunction any better than he does kryptonite.

Filed Under: